tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Aug 17 08:25:00 2000

Re: [KLBC] [The Raven] Part 16

> Tremal-Naik wrote:
>
>>PS2: Any idea for "perfume" and "God"?
>

>couldnt "God" be something like
>qa'vamwI'
>
>if qa'vam is used as a verb too.

?? I know your new, but... How did you come up with this?

At the KLI website you will find the "New Words List".
It contains words that are not in the Dictionary or Galactic Traveler.

In there you will find:  Qun - god

Tremal, you really need to get "Klingon For The Galactic Traveler" and the
"new words list", especially for a project this big.

>for perfume i'd say
>He'watlhwI'

We have a word for deodorant.  That might work.

>the only things I'm thinking of. Sorry if the translations are bad, but I
>have just joined the mailing list and am trying to get used to the warrior's
>tongue.

Welcome to the list!

Because you are new here, I will kindly inform you that on this list we have
who is called the Beginners' Grammarian.  When beginners are attempting to
write klingon they should include KLBC in the subject line.  This flags the
BG.  He has to be the first to reply; to help control possible confusion
created by wrong answers from others.

I do not intend to discourage you.  After the BG replies, then others may.

DloraH

Back to archive top level