tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Aug 17 03:41:00 2000

[KLBC] [The Raven] Part 16

Then, methought, the air grew denser, perfumes from an unseen censer
Swung by seraphin whose foot-falls tinkled on the tufted floor.
"Wretch", I cried, "thy God hath lent thee - by these angels he hath
thee
Respite - respite and nepenthe from thy memories of Leanore;
Quaff, oh quaff this kind nepenthe and forget this lost Leanore!"
Quoth the Raven "Nevermore".

*perfume*'e'mo' ghomHa'bogh puqpu' mIghHa', jeDchoHlaw' muD,
"QuchHa' SoH" 'e' vIjach "DungeH *God*lIj
*Leanore* vIlajmeH, puqpu'Daj mIghHa''e' tar QaQ je ngeH
tar QaQ yItlhutlh, yItlhutlh 'ej *Leanore* yIlaj!"
"qaSqa'be'" jatlh *Raven*

PS: I don't understand what "foot-falls tinkled on the tufted floor"
stand for... In my italian translation there isn't

PS2: Any idea for "perfume" and "God"?

--
See you later alligator!!

Tremal-Naik -- [email protected] -- GnuPGid: 0xBEB04EDB
E.A. Poe Klingon Translation Project: http://web.tiscalinet.it/tremal

Back to archive top level