tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Aug 16 01:30:47 2000

[KLBC] [The Raven] Part 14

But the Raven still beguilling my sad fancy into smiling,
Straight I wheeled a cushioned seat in front of bird, and bust and door;
Then, upon the velvet sinking, I betook myself to linking
Fancy unto fancy, thinking what this ominous bird of yore -
What this grim, ungainly, ghastly, gaunt, and ominous bird of yore -
Meant in croaking "Nevermore".

'ach buStaHghachmeywIj QuchmoHtaH *Raven*,
'ej *in front of* toQ Hew lojmIt je quS tun vIlan;
jIba'taHvIS, QubtaHghachmeywIj vIrar'egh
'ej nuq Hech toQ tIQ 'e' vIQubtaH
toQvaD Hurgh 'ej tIQ nuq Hech "qaSqa'be'".

PS: I've got some problem with "in front of"... How could I say it?
And if anyone got any idea for "ungainly", "ghastly", "gaunt" and
"ominous"... I have summarize with "dark", but I'm not convinced.

PS 2: I used buStaHghachmeywIj as "my thoughts" but I'm not sure about
it. I'm right with the -ghach suffix?

--
See you later alligator!!

Tremal-Naik -- [email protected] -- GnuPGid: 0xBEB04EDB
E.A. Poe's Klingon Translation Project: http://web.tiscalinet.it/tremal

Back to archive top level