tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Aug 01 18:57:43 2000

KLBC: more sentences

jatlh bochmoHwI' Qoy qoH neH
Only a fool hears a flatterer speak.

qaSpu' yISaHbe'. yIvang.
Don't care about what happens. Take action.

vay' qaSmoHDaneH 'e' yIbuS
Concentrate on what you want to make happen.

ramqu' wanI'mey. potlhqu' vangghachmey.
Events are trivial. Actions are important.

not romuluSngan DublIj yI'ang
Never show your back to a Romulan.

not verengan Huch ngIp Dachaw'
Never let a Ferengi borrow money.

naDev raQmaj wIcher 'e' vIchup
I suggest we set up our camp here.

chaq qech QaQ 'oHtaH
Perhaps it is a good idea.

I don't think I'm getting anywhere with this one at all:

not ghommey tIn boS'egh ghotpu' QIp woQchaj puj DaQub
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Is there a way to learn this language by listening rather than reading and
writing?

I have TKD, KGT, and TKW but I can't seem to find any of these other books in
my local bookstores:

Klingon for Dummies                     Klingon The Easy Way
Living Klingon                              Klingon Made Easy
Klingon in 21 Days                          Getting Started In Klingon
Klingon By Example                      Learn Klingon Now
The Klingon Phrasebook                  Everyday Klingon
Now You're Talking: Klingon         Klingon In 15 Minutes A Day
Passport To Klingon                     The First 1000 Words in Klingon (for
children)

or these audiocassettes:

Spoken Klingon For Beginners
Pronouncing Klingon Correctly
Listen and Learn Klingon

I can't even find Klingon listed in the Foreign Service Institute Language
Courses.  Looks like the KLI has the market on Klingon.

Back to archive top level