tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Apr 29 11:05:38 2000

Advice

Dear All

I am new to this group and wanted to undertake my first task. My private
mail signature for some time has been the following text and I wanted to
translate it into tlhIngan.

"The contents of this transmission are not intended to contain any
evidence of intelligence, wit or sanity."

Here is my first attempt, I would appreciate any suggestions on
corrections or improvements, along with an explanation of where I went
wrong. I have to admit that the multiple verb use (specifically the use
of to-prove and to-intent) is not something that I can find covered in
any of the books I have. However, I did have a great deal of fun trying
to work it out.

Here is what I came up with. If it is totally off the wall then please
don't laugh at me too much.

jIval jItlhaQ jImaw' mutob jabbI'IDvam vIHechbe'

 -Niall

Back to archive top level