tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Apr 13 16:42:59 2000

RE: KLBC: Am I correct?

jatlh Rohn:

> Here goes,

> "Rohn" jIH =I am Rohn

maj.

> loDnI'wI' choQoy =My brother hear(listen to) me.

My brother hears me. maj.

> roj tera'Daq qanob =I give you peace from Earth.

Nouns with <-Daq> always go at the beginning of the sentence.

tera'Daq roj qanob. - On Earth, I give you peace.

"Peace on Earth" is a bit of a cliche in English, though. It might not be
understood in another language. Plus, Klingons do not generally view peace
as a good thing, so this is a somewhat strange thing to say. That's more of
a cultural distinction than a linguistic one, but it's something you should
be aware of.

> SoH Daj nuq =What is interesting to you?

The "to you" part doesn't work. You need the <-vaD> suffix here:

SoHvaD Daj nuq? - What is interesting for you?

pagh
Beginners' Grammarian

tlhIngan Hol Mailing List FAQ