tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Sep 24 06:36:20 1999

Re: KLBC: To be

Perhaps I'm being to fast here, since the grammarian hasn't answered this
KLBC first. I did not feel that it mattered that much over such a simple
matter. If my feeling was incorrect I sincerely apologise.

Fri, 24 Sep 1999, jatlh qewlIS:

> How does one say 'To be or not to be'?
>
> Is it:
> maH pagh maHbe'
> or
> ghaH pagh ghaHbe'
>
> or something else.

 {taH pagh taHbe'.}
 "To endure or not endure."

Funny thing though, this must either be clipped Klingon, or Hamlet is
talking about himself in the third person. (Strange guy.)

> The problem is that in Star Trek VI it sounds like paH
> pagh... but theres no
> such word as paH.

/maHvatlh, 'upSala'ngan

Back to archive top level