tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Sep 02 18:58:59 1999

RE: KLBC/Qebmey

jatlh qultoQ:

> wa'Hu', *ear*wIj vI*pierce*choHta'...

<qogh> is the word for the external part of the ear; <teS> is the word for
the internal part. <qogh> is obviously what you want. It also,
coincidentally, means "belt".

"Pierce" is a hard one. Since it carries very specific connotations, just
saying "pierce" is OK. If you want to find a purely Klingon way to say this,
I think most sensible way is:

wa'Hu' QebwIjDaq qoghQeb vIjom. - I installed an earring in my ear
yesterday.

> qechmey luneH, vaj joq tlhIngan *ear*Qeb neHlu'...

neH 'Iv? jIyajbe'.

> chupmeyrajghach lunaD!

Even if this were a good place for <-gach>, which it isn't, the noun
suffixes would have to go *after* the <-ghach>. <chupghach> doesn't really
work for what you want. It means something like "suggestionation". Instead,
consider a phrase like <qechmey bochupbogh>.

> [i apologize for the awkward construction, several words
> weren' in TKD, so i could find]

> btw, how does one express a "verb with", ie
> "eat/talk/walk/argue with s.o." ?

There are several ways to express "with". If you're using an instrument, as
in "I hit the rivet with the hammer", use <lo'> or something similar:
<veragh vIqIpmeH mupwI' vIlo'> - "I used the hammer to hit the rivet".

If you are doing something with somebody else, you can usually use <tlhej> -
"
accompany". Note that this does NOT require that anyone physically go
anywhere. "I had a drink with Maltz" would sound quite natural in Klingon as
<matlh vItlhej. matlhutlh>.

pagh
Beginners' Grammarian

tlhIngan Hol Mailing List FAQ