tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Sep 01 03:40:51 1999

Re: KLBC: Conjunctions for Numbers

In a message dated 8/22/1999 8:59:57 AM US Mountain Standard Time,
[email protected] writes:

<< Or maybe, since you don't have to indicate
 >plural on a noun which is preceeded by a number, we should say
 >{wej peng} instead of {wej cha} (I changed the number to three
 >to make it a less confusing example).

 Agreed; the irregular plural makes this a little less than comfortable.
 But I was answering in terms of the use of {ghap} with the numbers.  I
 probably should have used {peng} instead of {cha}; maybe that's a hair less
 controversial (since Klingon singular nouns can at least usually also be
 plural) >>
DaH jIQoch.  law'DI' Doch qelbogh tlhIngan Hol DIp, mojaq {-mey} wIlo'nISbe'
net Sov.   'ach cha law' DellaHbe' DIp {peng} 'e' vIHar.  wa' peng neH
wIghajtaHvIS DIp {peng} wIlo'laH 'e' vIQub.  law'DI', DIp {cha} wIlo'nIS 'e'
vIQub.

peHruS

Back to archive top level