tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Oct 30 00:27:21 1999
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
Re: This is [****]
>Any chance we could change the list subscription process to
>include a two or three hour test of intelligence, personality and
>email comprehension, before subscriptions are *allowed*?
>Something a little more comprehensive than the GRE and LSAT
Don't forget the following questions, too:
* Header deciphering (really now. Unsubscription info has been on every
list email since the dawn of time, practically.
* Email client knowledge: How to get client to show more headers, how to
keep emails around, how to file important emails (*subscription alert* ahem)
* 1,000 questions on etiquette, of which one must pass 950 of them...
* Knowledge of how to obtain list chat without email - aka archives
(especially since the online archive is so nice... too many 50+ email/day
lists [often important] lack suitable archival/search tools).
* Knowledge of how to send mail properly (i.e., *NOT* HTML formatted)
Looks like we should make up a test and offer it bilingually...
Worf, Son of Mogh (Worf Rozhenko)
IRC: EFNet: Worf/wo`rIv
(Mask to look for: *!*@*.direct.ca)
URLs: http://worf.home.ml.org or http://www.home.ml.org/worf
Email/reply to firstname.lastname@example.org with "**PGP KEY**" in the subject to get my