tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Nov 29 14:42:36 1999

Re: RE: KLBC: DaH jIjeSqa'

On Mon, 29 Nov 1999 15:25:23 -0700 Burt Clawson
<[email protected]> wrote:

> 	ja' charghwI':
> >
> > bIlughba'. jIQubchu'be'pu'. Basically, I was trying to make some
> > kind of sense out of the original statement, and if the person
> > making the statement was uncertain, then it was gibberish
> > because the statement conflicts with itself. Unfortunately, the
> > original statement is lost here and I don't have the
> > determination to go back and find it. There are, unfortunately,
> > limits to how much I care about this example. It is definitely
> > stretching the comparative structure beyond its original intent
> > and basically is broken. I was trying to help salvage it and I
> > failed.
> >
> > charghwI'
> >
> 	[Burt Clawson]  I started this one.  I was looking for a way to
> express the idea: "I know more than I thought I did," or "I remember more
> [Klingon] than I believed I was capable of."

Again, I suggest: jIqawchoH.

It very simply states it. I begin to remember. I am going
through a change of state from not remembering to remembering.
Before I began remembering, I thought I did not know this, but
after the change, I remember, and so, I know.

If this is too short for you:

tlhIngan Hol vIlo'meH mIw vIqawchoH. wej vIghoj 'e' vIpIH 'ach
tlhIngan Hol vIlo' 'e' vInIDDI', vIlo'laHmo' vImerlu'. jIqawchoH.

charghwI'

Back to archive top level