tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Nov 27 19:03:26 1999

RE: Klingon WOTD: bagh (v)

ja' pagh:
>One good way to express the concept of a tie, especially when there is no
>clear cut scoring mechanism, is to use a phrase like <Qapbej pagh>. If two
>kids slug each other in the schoolyard and both land a few good punches
>before the fight is broken up, a Klingon might describe it as:
>
>Suvchuq cha' puq, 'ej qu'ba', 'ach Do'Ha' nIS ghojmoHwI'. Qapbej pagh.

Either {mun} "intervene" or the slang equivalent {Haq} seems likely to be
used here instead of {nIS}.  I'm just trying to do my part to help people
learn vocabulary. :-)

-- ghunchu'wI' 'utlh

Back to archive top level