tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Nov 22 11:38:27 1999

RE: KLBC bogh puqloDwI' !!

jatlh juDmoS:

>> pongvamvaD pe'Ijqa' !

jIjang:
>> I'm not sure what you mean here.

jang juDmoS:
> No, you're not being dense...I made an error. What I was
> originally going for was "Listen for that name. You will
> hear it again." But I sent before I finished. It should
> have been :
>
> pongvamvaD pe'Ij. pongvam peQoyqa' !

Again, <X-vaD 'Ij> probably doesn't make sense here. However, you've got the
meaning of <'Ij> right this time. Just <'Ij> all by itself works quite well.
Also, you don't want an imperative prefix on <Qoy>. "You will hear it again"
is a statement, not a command. It also sounds like a good place for <-bej>.

pe'Ij. pongvam boQoyqa'bej!

pagh
Beginners' Grammarian

tlhIngan Hol Mailing List FAQ