tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Nov 22 08:38:46 1999

RE: KLBC: DaH jIjeSqa'!

ja' pagh:

> > tuv'el jIH je jIcheghbejta'.
>
> For a moment, I thought you had really screwed up this sentence, with
> order
> problems and prefix problems and I don't know what all. Then I realized
> you
> just used the wrong conjunction form: the <je> should be <'ej>. It all
> makes
> sense after that.

	wa'DIch jIQagh.  "I err for the first time."

> > tlhIngan Hol vIlIjba' 'ach vIghojqa'.
>
> DalIjba'be'. DalIjchugh vaj ngoDvam DaSo'meH bIpo'bej.

	translation: It isn't obvious you forgot it.  If you forgot it, you
are certainly an expert at hiding the fact.

	chaq vIqaw'laH.  (How would I express the idea, 'Perhaps I remember
more than I thought I could?'  I ground to a halt on that one!)

> > Holtej much 'Iv?
>
> nuqjatlh? ghotna' ghaH Holtej'e', 'ej muchlu' 'e' poQbe' ghaH.

	translation: Huh?  Holtej is most definitely a person, and doesn't
require presentation.

	(I have Holtej listed in my on-line dictionary as 'linguist' or
'grammarian'.  I must have translated his name and entered it. Oops!)

	- tuv'el

Back to archive top level