tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Nov 18 13:05:44 1999

Re: Pronunciation and ST:Klingon LangLab

> It may be your microphone or such. I tried it with the
> microphone built into my laptop and my pronunciation is good
> enough that I was invited to be one of the people used as
> samples for the speech recognition software (though I was not
> able to attend). It went something like:

I have yet to see a laptop with anything really passable as a microphone.
For speach recognition, you probably need a good studio quality mic to make
up for the current poor recognition technology.

> KCD: No. Not {qo}. {qoH}.
>
> ch: qoHna' SoH jay'! toDSaH! yIHeghrup!

What does that last line mean (don't know any Klingon yet, but it sure
sounds ticked off)?

Back to archive top level