tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Nov 16 12:23:13 1999

Re: KLBC Help with a word...

JuDmoS:
> Does a word exist for 'dream' (n) ? I saw the verb in TKD, but have seen no
> indication that it can also be used as a noun. Yet I know that Worf was in a
> cave, seeking a vision/dream of Kahless. Has such a word for dream or vision
> been discovered/located/engineered ?

peHruS:
: Although the Paramount episode of "Barge of the Dead" used {naj} (dream) as
: a noun, Paramount's using any Klingon word does not make it canon ta' Hol.

... at least until Okrand includes it in the next book (or startrek.klingon
post).  Considering how he tries to accomodate the writers as much as possible,
chances are pretty good we'll eventually see the noun {naj}.

But in the meantime it's only a verb, so recast your sentence accordingly.

  bInajtaHvIS qeylIS Daghomjaj.
  May you encounter Kahless in your dreams. (PK)

--
Voragh
Ca'Non Master of the Klingons

Back to archive top level