tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Nov 15 09:10:20 1999

RE: Klingon WOTD: bagh (v)

> jatlh Holtej:
> >This is the Klingon Word Of The Day for Thursday, November 11, 1999.
> >
> >Klingon word:   bagh
> >Part of Speech: verb
> >Definition:     tie
>
> Does this mean "tie" as in:
>
> waqwIj vIbagh. I tie my shoe.
>
> or:
>
> QujDaq mabagh. We tied in the game.

I don't think anyone else has answered this, so I'll jump in here.  As far
as I know, the word {bagh} has not been used in canon, so we don't know for
sure.  I've always assumed that it means the former, as in tying a knot,
though I have no real justification for believing this.

If it has been used in canon in such a way as to clarify its meaning, I hope
someone else here will point it out.  :)

> - DujHoD

--Holtej 'utlh

tlhIngan Hol mailing list FAQ