tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Nov 10 18:15:05 1999

Re: Klingon Word of the Day

:> The Klingon Word Of The Day is brought to you by Holtej
:
: DaHjaj <<jaj mu'>> lI' law' wa'Hu' <<jaj mu'>> lI' puS.

I've already seen this a couple of times so it may be too late to nip it in
the bud, but {jaj mu'} feels a bit vague to me.

IMESHO a better way to say "word of the day" would be {DaHjaj mu'},
modelled on the Klingon restaurant term {DaHjaj gheD} "catch of the day"
(lit. "today's prey") from KGT.

: qatlh chIch QaghtaH <<bachHa'>> "part of speech"?

As for "part of speech", we can always translate it literally as {QIch
'ay'} -- though {pab 'ay'} or {Hol 'ay'} also work -- though I'm certain
that's not the term Klingon grammarians use.

I do wish some Federation linguist would ask Maltz to give us more detailed
grammatical terminology for us to use.

: - DujHoD

--
Voragh