tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Nov 09 09:28:21 1999

Re: Klingon Word of the Day

: If this gets too annoying, or if we don't want it on this list for some
: reason, I'll certainly turn it off. One possibility is that I can set up an
: announce-only list for this, which people can subscribe to independently of
: the tlhIngan-Hol mailing list.

Just be sure not to use the same Subject heading ("Klingon Word of the Day")
for all of them, otherwise the inevitable discussion threads will become
hopelessly entangled.  How about something short like:

  Subject: [WOTD] rutlh "wheel"

: The mail includes a Klingon word, part of speech, and definition.  If there
: are additional notes on usage or if the word is from a source other than TKD,
: I give that info. Also, if the word has been used in canon, I give an
example.

Good idea.  I've long thought about doing the same thing myself on this list
but never got myself organized.

If you need any help looking up {DaHjaj mu'mey} in canon, don't hesitate to ask
me off-list and I'll send you everything I have.  Sometimes more than one
example may be needed, particularly if there are odd usages, idiomatic meanings
or cultural implications involved.  I too have been archiving everything Okrand
says about a given word ofrom all the various sources, and I may have some
things you lack.  Just be sure to flag the Subject with "Voragh" so I'll know
the email is personal and not from the tlhIngan-Hol listserv, which I sometimes
don't read until the weekend.

: --Holtej 'utlh

--
Voragh