tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat May 01 18:26:37 1999

Re: NEW PLANETS FOUND!!!

ja' quljIb:
>The intended meaning of the sentence is: "It is certainly more possible
>now that we are not alone than it was ten days ago (from when this was
>first written)."
>
>I'm not sure how to use the {law'/puS} comparative to express this
>clearly. choQaHlaH'a'?

ghobe'.  qaQaHlaHbe'.

I'm only half joking.  Phrases like "it is [adjective] that [sentence]"
in English are not easily translated into Klingon in the first place,
and they absolutely do not fit into a {law'/puS} construction.  This is
an appropriate place for you to practice some creative recasting.

-- ghunchu'wI'

Back to archive top level