tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Mar 31 09:11:22 1999

Re: loQ jIrop

I'm curious if anyone else had difficulty understanding this.
cha'leS wa'ben bangwI' vItlhejchoH. I began to accompany my
love a year ago two days from now. Is it really that odd?

Yes, I do recognize that you can overstretch this kind of
specificity, but we have canon for using one time stamp as
anchor for another, like {wa'Hu' ram} for "last night".

I'm definitely open to feedback on this, especially if it comes
from more than this one person. I don't want to insult you,
peHruS. It is just that you commonly have strongly voiced
difficulty with things other people seem to understand well.

charghwI' 'utlh

According to [email protected]:

> In a message dated 3/30/1999 3:14:33 PM US Mountain Standard Time,
> [email protected] writes:
>
> << << cha'leS wa'ben bangwI' vItlhejchoH. >>

>  It can work as a simple noun-noun construction. "The day after
>  tomorrow's a year ago". It is not that different from {wa'Hu'
>  ram} for "last night". >>
>
> It appears you are trying to say, "in two days, it shall have been a year," or
> maybe "two days from now, my lover of a year."  mumISmoH.  Since I cannot
> clearly understand just what you do want to say here, please tell me.
>
> peHruS

Back to archive top level