tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Mar 26 21:12:52 1999

Re: choH

On Fri, 26 Mar 1999 20:58:39 -0800 (PST) [email protected] wrote:

> In a message dated 3/25/99 6:59:07 PM Eastern Standard Time,
> [email protected] writes:
>
> << > >just want to be certain.
>
>  Few things in life are certain. I'll tend to use it
>  transitively, just because there are more examples of that, and
>  because the one counterexample is from the speech of a Klingon
>  hick. Good biceps. Nice forehead. Cool girlfriend. But his
>  grammar is not exemplary.
>
>  > Do'Ha'.
>  >
>  > -- ghunchu'wI'
>
>  charghwI' 'utlh
>   >>

> As Chekov put it - "She has vonderful muscles."  Another point - how did it
> come to be decided that Klaa was from the sticks?  His speech patterns?
>

> T'Lod

Okrand introduced the whole concept of dialect in this movie.
"Doojvetz oh nook?" You've got a remarkably young captain on a
ship with a mission so boring he is shooting old satellites to
try to prove his manhood. Add that to some of his more
interesting grammar and it is pretty easy to assume the man is
not highly cultured.

But that's just my opinion. Don't take it too seriously.

charghwI' 'utlh

Back to archive top level