tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Mar 20 21:03:46 1999

Re: Klingon Progeny and Brotherhood

In a message dated 3/20/99 7:00:05 PM Eastern Standard Time,
[email protected] writes:

<< On Sat, 20 Mar 1999, Alan Anderson wrote:

 > ja' quljIb:

 [snip]
 > >Brotherhood:
 >
 > I won't comment much on your speculation, except to point out that there
 > are certainly rituals that form bonds of brotherhood between people who
 > are not genetically related (such as the {ruStay} "bonding ritual").
 >
 > I'll also call your attention to the terms {maqoch} and {chaj}.

 ??? You lost me again. TKD lists {qoch} as meaning partner, but I can find
 neither {maqoch} or {chaj}.

 quljIb >>

It's not in TKD.  It's in Klingon for the Galactic Traveler, on sale in most
finer bookstores, and if not, they can most likely order it for you.  Those
words and more are listed in a word list addendum which will be quite helpful
to you.

T'Lod

Back to archive top level