tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Mar 18 19:21:06 1999

vIlenglI'

::jIpawta'::
I've just arrived in Sydney, Australia, and happened upon an "internet
cafe" near my hotel, so I thought I'd check in and give you an update.

::jIDoy'qu'::
New Zealand was an exhausting blur. In addition to appearing on the
single most popular television show in the country, I also was
interviewed on another news show, as well as by four newspapers and
three live radio broadcasts. Much good publicity was accomplished for
the KLI and my lecture at Te Papa (the national museum of New Zealand)
was well attended and well received. Today's morning paper had a large
photograph of me on the 3rd page and several people on the airplane to
Sydney had to stop and stare at me and ask me about it.

::mIS'a'na'::
Sydney should be less confusing and more focused. I'm giving two talks,
one Saturday, the other Sunday. I expect to teach pronunciation, give a
reading from HAMLET, and tell evil (but true!) stories about Captain
Krankor to the audiences.

::jImejnIS::
Time to go. I have a live radio interview to do, and then it's off to
the pre-convention cocktail party to mingle with fans and potential new
Klingon speakers and/or KLI members.

Lawrence