tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Mar 14 09:25:09 1999

Re: [probably no longer KLBC]: Ba[s,h]ai Masters

On Sun, 14 Mar 1999, Matt Johnson wrote:

> ja' ghItlhwI':
> >I think he means a Basai Master. Grilka told Quark he had the heart of a
> >Basai Master after Worfs help in wooing her.
>
> If I remember correctly, Kor (of Kor, Kang and Koloth fame) was referred
> to as "Bahai Master Kor" in both "Errand of Mercy (TOS)" and "Blood Oath
> (DS9)".

Kor was a Da'Har Master.  The term was never defined; it seems to have
been an add-on by TPTB to add to a well-known-and-liked character's
backstory.
This is pure conjecture on my part, but Da'Har must be some kind of
strategic or command school, since Kor was "military governor of Organia"
in TOS as well as the leader in the campaign against the Albino in DS9
"Blood Oath".  Prestige would most likely be gained with each victory,
and the "master" title would be given only after a fixed number of
victories.

Opinions?

	--da laffin tlhIngan :>

Back to archive top level