tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Mar 11 13:29:47 1999

Re: -moH Curiousity {was Re: deep structures}

ter'eS,

let me see, if I understand clearly...
according to your analysis the following two statements are true:

a) to translate "She causes me to <Verb>" one must use either
   i) mu-<Verb>-moH       OR
   ii) jIHvaD <Verb>-moH
   and we have to learn, which verb goes which way.

b) i) if a verb that follows the mu-<Verb>-moH pattern is preceded
      by <Noun>-vaD, the noun must be the beneficiary of the root verb
   ii) if a verb that follows the other pattern is preceded by <Noun>-vaD
      the noun is the beneficiary of the root verb if -moH is not present
      and the beneficiary of the causation (i.e. the subject of the root
      verb) if -moH is present.

qar'a'?

                                           Marc Ruehlaender
                                           aka HomDoq