tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Mar 05 11:08:55 1999

RE: KLBG: They Might Be Giants (KLBC)

Using KLBC instead of KLBG will get a faster respose - I have an email
filter set up so I can see the KLBC's first.

jatlh quljIb:

> Okay this is going to be silly, but...

> loD'a'pu'Hey chaH

Good use of <-Hey>.

> ben *Constantinopol* ponglu'pu' *Istanbul* 'ach

Since it's been more than a few years, I'd probably say <ben law'>, but it's
not necessary. Also, the <-pu'> doesn't work well here. <-pu'> does not
indicate past tense; it indicates completion in the time context of the
sentence. You set the time context with <ben>, when the city was called
Constantinople, so leave off the <-pu'>.

> Dah *Istanbul* ponglu' 'ej *Constantinopol* pongbe'lu'

Typo: <DaH>. Otherwise good.

> bang Daghchugh 'ej *Constantinopol*Daq ghaH,

I think <Daghchugh> is another typo and should be <Daghajchugh>. Otherwise,
I am confused. The rest is good.

> Dah *Istanbul*Daq loStaH ghaH.

Same typo in <DaH>, but otherwise good.

Well, this doesn't make much sense, but given that it's a song lyric (at
least I assume so), it is not necessarily supposed to.

pagh
Beginners' Grammarian

Back to archive top level