tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Mar 04 22:40:38 1999

ghunchu'wI'

ghunchu'wI', yIqIm!

TKD p40.  Verbs with no Type 7 suffix are translated by the English simple
present tense.

I point out that such sentences are "translated by the English" and that this
does not mean that the Klingon verbs suddenly may be considered to BE simple
present tense.  When I presented Mandarin verbs with perfective aspect, I
merely showed that different languages translate them into their own languages
in a particular manner.  I never attempted to show that the Mandarin aspect
suddenly IS both tense and aspect.

peHruS

Back to archive top level