tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Jun 19 06:27:42 1999

RE: KLBC qaDHom

On 19-Jun-99, Andeen, Eric wrote:
>SaqaD. jIjatlh:

>> Translate the following English sentence into Klingon:
>> Train like you fight, for you will fight like you train.

>jang Jeremy Silver. jatlh:

>> bIqeqchughbe'; bISuv rur vaj bISuv; bIqeq rur

>Rovers cannot go after type nine suffixes, so <bIqeqchughbe'>, doesn't work.
>I'm also not sure what it was intended as.

What I intended to type was <bIqeqbe'chugh; bISuv rur vaj bISuv; bIqeq rur>
 <HIvqa' veqlargh>

"If you do not train as you fight, then you (will) fight as you train" was
what it was intended as. Trying to merge the simile construct from KGT, with
the Buy or die construct no longer seems to work as I thought it would. I will
try harder next time.

--
   Jeremy Silver   |\   [email protected]
 __________________| \  [email protected]
                   |  | A1200, Blizzard 1260, 34Mb
 mupwI' yI'uchtaH! |__| 1.4Gb HD. Amiga Forever.

Back to archive top level