tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Jul 13 15:00:01 1999

RE: a draft for consideration

Welcome to the list. Since I don't recognize your email address, I will
introduce myself. My name is pagh and I am the current Beginners' Grammarian
for the list. Whenever you have a post you want help with, mark it for my
attention with a KLBC in the subject line.

jatlh [email protected]:

> This is the beginning of a draft translation I started
> about 7 years ago.

Soch ben tlhIngan Hol DaHaD'a'?. Dojqu'.
Seven years ago? Really? Wow!

> lIH mu'
> chalHaD QeD SaH qach je Hachmoj chalDoch je 'u',
> chalHaD wa' HoSHaDmI'HaD QeD, lo' chav mI'HaD,
> HoSHaD je chamHaD, HaDbogh vuSpagh Hap 'u'
> nuDechbogh ngaSbogh yuQmaj tera' je chalDoch.

Do'Ha' mu'meyvam vIyajchu'be'. Hov QeD chal QeD joq Daqelba', 'ach qechlIj
vIjonlaHbe'. 'ay'mey puS vIyajlaw', 'ach latlh 'ay'mey vIyajbe' 'ej
jIloyqu'qangbe'. DIvI' Hol mu'mey yIlab 'ej qaQaH.

Unfortunately, I don't really understand. You are obviously talking about
astronomy or atmospheric sciences, but I don't quite get what you are trying
to say. I understand some sections, but I don't understand others, and I am
not willing to guess that much. Send the English to the list and I will help
you.

pagh
Beginners' Grammarian

tlhIngan Hol Mailing List FAQ