tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Jan 31 22:51:10 1999

Re: Hi, I'm new here...

Your argument is convincing.  I'm always looking for ways to improve my
translation.  tanx.

(btw, I wanted to give that first sentence in tlhingan Hol, the closest I coud
get was {ponlI' ghoHpu'lIj}.  However, I am fairly sure that a few rules were
broken by putting a noun suffix on a perfective verb. Help!)

David Trimboli wrote:

> I'm wondering if you made this mistake on purpose.  If you were to follow
> grammar completely, it would be
>
> Deghmey?  Deghmey'e' DIghajnISbe' jay'!
>
> Notice the prefix on {ghaj}?  However, since the original is "we don't need
> no stinking badges," which itself has a mistake, I think this error should
> be left in, to parallel it!
>
> SuStel
> Stardate 99084.7

Back to archive top level