tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Jan 17 17:32:31 1999

Re: -bogh and -wI'

>ja' muHwI':
>>-wI' can be added to a verb like in english -er to make it a noun.
>>baH - baHwI'... So' - So'wI'...
>>tIj - tIjwI'... HoH - HoHwI'...
>>
>>All these examples are verbs of action, though. It sounds awkward to me to
>>say things like {moHwI'} ("ugly person") or {HeghwI'} ("dying person"),
>>because they do not exist in english.
>>Are they correct, or do I need to say it like in english using the -bogh
>>suffix? {moHbogh loD vIlegh}
>
>The word {pujwI'} "weakling" is the example you're looking for.  It's
>in the original TKD.  We also see TKD page 123's {reH Hegh yoHwI'pu''e'}
>"Always it is the brave ones who die."  So {moHwI'} "ugly one" works.
>{HeghwI'} is a bit odd; I'd say {HeghlI'wI'} for "dying one".
>
>-- ghunchu'wI'

I was adding a couple things to my web page last night and noticed that I
had used the word HeghwI' on my page.  I used it in the label for the sound
file where Worf says a "prayer" shortly after Dax died.  HeghwI'vaD SoQ.

DloraH

Back to archive top level