tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Jan 15 22:10:56 1999

Re: KLBC: HovqIj jun Hov wov

ja' HovqIj:
>Uh-oh... something interesting is taking form in my mind:
>ghawran cha'bogh navmey Daleghpu''a'?
>Have you seen...
>               ...the pictures that show Gowron?
>	       ...Gowron's pictures?
>Seems to be another hunter-killer probe...

Note that "Gowron's picture" is exactly as ambiguous in English as
{ghawran cha'bogh nav} is in Klingon.  You didn't put a {lu-} on
{cha'bogh navmey}, so it can strictly be interpreted only as having
the "Gowron's papers which display" meaning.  With a {lu-}, it could
be either "Gowron's papers which display (something singular)" or
"papers which display Gowron".

-- ghunchu'wI'

Back to archive top level