tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Feb 24 18:19:02 1999

Re: Placement of aspect suffixes

In a message dated 2/24/1999 8:07:00 AM US Mountain Standard Time,
[email protected] writes:

<< I didn't realize that charghwI' was responding to you, peHruS.  I
 thought he
 was making some general observations for newbies.  I also didn't realize
 that
 you don't accept that the suffixes <-ta'/-pu'> indicate completion, and
 not
 tense.  If you don't accept that, then of course this trick won't work
 for
 you.

 -- ter'eS >>

I definitely look at verb suffixes type 7 as aspect markers, not tense
markers.  I am bilingual, completely fluent in another language which does not
have tense.

The "trick" I use is to compare Klingon to that language in regard to when and
where and how to use aspect suffixes.

peHruS

Back to archive top level