tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Feb 19 11:48:30 1999

Re: qama'

In article <[email protected]>, [email protected] writes
>In a message dated 2/19/1999 9:25:36 AM US Mountain Standard Time,
>[email protected] writes:
>
><<
> But why did you contrive it in the first place?  Indulge me briefly as
> I present an analogy to what I see you doing here. >>
>
>For the same reasons Lewis Carroll contrived "chortle."  The language is
>growing because of its users.

tlhIngan jIHbe'. tlhingan SoHbe' je.

{ghojwI'pu'} maH neH! Holvam tInnISmoHbe' ghojwI'pu'.

** Warning: wry humor present **

'a *{tlhoqo} 'oH'a' ponglIj'e'?

[Trans: I'm not a Klingon. Nor are you. We're all only students.
"Students" don't need to extend this language. Or is your name
*{tlhoqo}?]

(Yes, I *did* read the early list archives. And very interesting they
were too. (}}8-) )

--qonwI'
--
Matt Johnson <mailto:[email protected]>