tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Feb 16 14:44:09 1999

Re: startrek.klingon

On Tue, 16 Feb 1999, Joel Peter Anderson wrote:

> On Tue, 16 Feb 1999, TPO wrote:
> > >I cannot get on startrek.klingon.  Must I be a member of MSN to access it?
> > its a news-group, not a web page that you surf.
>
> OK: *Web Page* rur *startrek.klingon*

> -------
> Most web browsers permit you to cast a "newsgroup" in terms of a URL:
>        ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>         StarTrek NewsServer

*AOL* Dalo'chugh Duqay'laH qeS - If you use AOL, my advice can be a
problem.  That is because  AOL, which uses a version of IE for browsing
only serves newsgroups out of their local servers.  HOWEVER... when you
are logged on to AOL you are connected to the general internet, and can
run other internet software independant of the AOL programs.  I favor
Lynx, but you may also fire up Netscape or an full blown IE, any  of
which should let you call up the startrek.klingon newsgroup off of the
news.startrek.com server as I noted above.

Back to archive top level