tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Feb 08 10:42:58 1999

It is by caffeine alone

Some of you may have seen the following making its way around the net:

   It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.
   It is by the beans of java that thoughts acquire speed.
   The hands acquire shaking.
   The shaking becomes a warning.
   It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.

It's a play on the mentat warning chant from _Dune_ by Frank Herbert. I
liked it so much that I decided to try translating into into tlhIngan
Hol, but I am having some trouble with it. Here is what I have so far:

   qa'vIn neH vIlo' yabwIj vIchu'meH.
   (I use only caffeine in order to engage my mind.)
   - or -
   qa'vIn neH vIlo' vIH yabwIj 'e' vItaghmeH.
   (I use only caffeine in order to initiate that my mind moves.)

   Do' luSuq qechmey 'e' luraD java qurghmey.
   (The beans of java compell the thoughts to acquire speed.)

   nom vIHchoH ghopmey.
   (The hands begin moving quickly.)

   qI' 'oH vIHtaHghach'e'.
   (The movement is a warning.)