tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Feb 01 10:37:46 1999

Re: KLBC: Two IFs on one THEN?

 T.N.G. EPISODES SERIES (3rd SEASON): CARD S13
 tlhIngan qorDu' potlh   Klingon Family Values

 qorDu' lurDechmeyna' pab tlhInganpu'.  qorDu' SaHlu'chugh 'ej
 matlhlu'chugh vaj wa' tlhIngan ghob potlhqu'.  tlhIngan qorDu'
 pong potlh law' Hoch potlh puS.

 With strong family traditions, devotion and loyalty to family
 is one of the most important Klingon virtues. Above all, the
 Klingon family name is highly valued.

Voragh:
> You're right, it does seem as if the line should read {... vaj potlhqu' wa'
> tlhIngan ghob}.

ghunchu'wI':
> It would also work well as {...vaj wa' tlhIngan ghob potlhqu' tu'lu'}.

charghwI':
: For that matter, it might be even clearer as ... vaj potlhqu'
: tlhIgan wa' ghob. That way, we'd know it was a Klingon's one
: ethic and not the eithics of one Klingon.

However, this also means it is "the Klingon's one virtue" - his/her only one - and not "one of the most important virtues" (i.e. one of many) as in the card?

Voragh

Back to archive top level