tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Dec 07 12:40:16 1999

Fwd: Re: The Dominion

Live long and prosper!
http://community.webtv.net/romulano/ELMUNDODESTARTREK

Thomas West:
> Also a Klingon question?  Has anyone ever come up with a word for
> Dominion as in Star Trek?  I know qardaS is the word for Cardassia.

David Joslyn:
: I remember posting just that question a while back (March or April,
: IIRC); don't think it was ever really resolved.

You're right:  We never had a consensus.  If you really must have a word, I
suggest {wo''a'} -- though you'd have to translate it when you use it.

It's my impression that the Dominion extends over most of the Gamma
Quadrant, being *much* larger than the Klingon Empire, the Romulan Star
Empire, the Cardassian Union, the Federation of Planets, and various
"non-aligned" powers in the Alpha and Beta Quadrants (e.g. the Ferengi, the
Breen, etc.) combined.

--
Voragh
Ca'Non Master of the Klingons