tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Dec 01 18:00:42 1999

Re: adverb suffixes???

ja' Marc Okrand:
>Whether this {-Ha'} can be added to all adverbials is not clear.
>The notes taken while working with Maltz indicate that he balked
>at {vajHa'} ('not thus'?) but accepted {Do'Ha'} 'unfortunately'.
>Information on other adverbials has not yet been uncovered, though
>it is probably in the notes somewhere.

The reason {vajHa'} doesn't exist is because it doesn't make sense. In
English (or any other natural language), we don't say, "Unthus I went there."
It doesn't make sense. Perhaps all adverbs that have meanings with {-Ha'} can
take {-Ha'}.

Now, a question. Do we know of any adverbs that take {-be'} or any other verb
suffixes?

- DujHoD

Back to archive top level