tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Aug 29 23:16:27 1999

Re: Vowels

In a message dated 8/12/1999 9:54:56 PM US Mountain Standard Time,
[email protected] writes:

<<
 Considering that Chinese children must know 30,000 symbols to read a
 newspaper, HISlaH, law'.  Though it would be interesting if Klingons wrote
in
 this manner, making it easy and simple to fit alot into a little space,
 fitting into Klingon's lack of waste a phonetic alphabet could be viewed as
 by some people.  I for one would be very interested in seeing a logographic
 pIqaD.

 T'Lod >>
roD chorghSaD *character-mey Sovchu' China'nganpu'.  We usually know over
40,000 combinations of these characters.  Yes, there are numerous professors
who know over 12,000 distinct characters and maybe over 70,000 combinations.
After all, there are over 110,000 entries in an unabridged English
dictionary.  SochSaD Sochvatlh *character-mey vISov jIH.  38,000 combinations
vISovchu' jIH.  cham 'Itlh De' qelbogh paqmey neH vIlaDlaHbe'.

peHruS

Back to archive top level