tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Aug 25 18:44:30 1999

Re: Aspect (was RE: KLBC-Fr.)

>Date: Wed, 25 Aug 1999 01:34:43 -0500
>From: Alan Anderson <[email protected]>
>
>ja' peHruS:
>>An action that is not completed is imperfective, no??????
>
>I don't know what "imperfective" is in the context of the Klingon language.
>I would merely say that an action that is not completed is not perfective.
>Bringing in an extra-TKD term seems likely to cause more confusion than it
>can clear up.

Especially since "imperfective" in linguistics usually is used for
specially continuous aspects like those of -taH and -lI'.  In Klingon, you
have have perfective/completed aspects, continuous aspects, and neither.
Leave "imperfective" out for now, I'd think.

~mark

Back to archive top level