tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Aug 22 21:01:21 1999

Re: vIychorgh, and some questions

ja' "Patrick Masterson" <[email protected]>:
>4. Also, I was looking at the KLI site, and I was looking at the page where
>the results of some wordplay contests are listed. One of them was "The Great
>Affix Contest" - "Simply compose the longest, meaningful three word sentence
>possible." Well, the runner up sentence (by Will Martin), which was
>
>be'HomDu'na'wIjtIq'a'Du'na'vaD ghureghqangqa'moHlaHqu'be'taH'a'
>Somraw'a'meyna'wIj'e' (I'm not going to translate, the translation is at the
>site.)
>
>looks like he put some N-N possessive constructions together as one word. Is
>this legal, or is that the reason he's runner up and not winner?

The actual results of the contest in HolQeD 1:3 do comment on how the
entry is "not quite grammatical."  That contest took place over seven
years ago; rest assured that charghwI' has learned a bit since then. :-)

-- ghunchu'wI' 'utlh

Back to archive top level