tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Aug 16 07:35:27 1999

SOON: qep'a' in Europe

Greetings.

   This mail is mainly adressed to the European Klingonists among us,
but all the others from around all the world are warmly invited.

              I am planning a qep'a' in Europe.

   For most of the Klingonists in the world, or those who want to become
one, a voyage to the qep'a' in the United States is way too far, and too
complicated.
   That's why there are qepHommey.
   Yes, of course. But in Europe, the sense for distance is different
than in the USA. If one travels only two hundred miles, it is possible
to cross a handful of countries. Fuel is very expensive, trains mean
trouble and nobody would think of taking an airplane to go to a qepHom
that takes perhabs a few hours or a weekend.

   Before I can start coordinating such an event, I need to know if
there is general interest. Think about it. Read about the qep'a' on the
KLI's homepage (http://www.kli.org)

WHERE:
   The most likely location of the *Eurep'a'* will be in the center of
Europe, Luxemburg or so.

WHAT:
   Everything will be like a real qep'a' (I hope) with the well-known
tlhIngan Hol games and contests, Shakespeare, Klingon Singing & Fun,
etc. Perhabs it is possible to include a one-day visit to a nearby
StarTrek Convention or to go see the latest StarTrek Movie as a group...
And of course a bowling alley, which seems to be the sport of Klingons
everywhere :-)

WHEN:
   Depending on what interesting StarTrek events are nearby, the first
European qep'a' will take place in Spring or Summer 2001.

Think about it and answer soon, to the list or to me personally.

Lieven L. Litaer, Germany
aka Quvar muHwI' * KLI #I4027
http://www.levinius.de
[email protected]