tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Aug 15 12:36:34 1999

Re: qepHom - any KLI members in the UK?

On Sun, 15 Aug 1999 11:29:31 -0400, TPO <[email protected]> wrote:

>>choHopbe'chugh vaj qepHomlIj vISaH 'e' vItul
>
>Hopbe'chugh ???
>You're in the UK.  How can you be far?

Possibly (in fact I know this for a fact) Americans have less concept
of distance than the English.  I think I heard you discussing going to
a qepHom on the Sunday morning at qep'a' and everyone seemed like they
thought nothing of travelling hundreds of miles for this.

Our fuel costs the $US equivalent of $4.48 per gallon and the trains
are very expensive. Travelling 300,400+ miles under these conditions
and on badly congested, badly maintained roads for a four hour meeting
is something you have to think about.

Still, as I have said, I did host one of the first qepHom and am
willing to spend some effort on making the klingon language scene in
the uk more of a 'living' thing as much as it is a learning one.

If we have qep'a'  and qepHom,  why not just simply  qep  involving
more people than a qepHom but with CONSIDERABLY less organisation
required than qep'a'.

If anyone wants to email me privatley about this they should do so as
this is really not the stuff of the tlhIngan Hol mailing list.

--
qIroS  (Kirosh)  KLI #H1026
http://www.mickley.demon.co.uk

Back to archive top level