tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Aug 14 22:32:19 1999

Re: *muSHa'* yImuSHa'!

In a message dated 8/4/99 12:49:39 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
[email protected] writes:

<< The word "love" represents a perverse assembly of emotions that
 really don't belong together all that well. >>

The only real way I've used it (not counting the petty ways) is always in
reference to "a deep and tender feeling of affection for or attachment or
devotion to a person," such as my girlfriend, or my close friends.  I truly
think Klingon would have a verb meaning "to feel a deep and ... to a person,"
but not be used in the many ways Americans use it today.  We haven't found
out what the word is, but as charghwI' said, we can just rephrase it, since
muSHa' is to unhate or hate incorrectly, neither of which apply to "love."
I'd use "unhate" to apply to a former enemy who became my friend recently,
but not to my girlfriend.  She'd probably slap me across my face both ways if
I used that to describe my feelings to her.  I'd rather use "embolden" or
"excite" but not muSHa'.

T'Lod

Back to archive top level