tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Aug 13 18:51:47 1999

RE: Help for a newbie, please...

Welcome to the list, Nathan. My name is pagh, and I am the current
Beginners' Grammarian for the list. Whenever you have a post you want help
with, mark it with a KLBC in the subject line.

jatlh Nathan:

> I need a short phrase or toast to say at a wedding on
> Saturday. I'm just starting my journey into the
> tlhIngan-Hol and need some help.

> If anyone can come up with something appropriate and
> also to send the phonetic pronunciation it would be
> appreciated.

quljIb responded with a beautiful and rather elaborate wedding sentiment,
and charghwI' responded with a very simple toast and a very detailed
description of its pronunciation, so I think it's covered.

batlh tlhoghtay bolopjaj!
Have a good time at the wedding (not even close to a literal translation).

pagh
Beginners' Grammarian

tlhIngan Hol Mailing List FAQ