tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Aug 13 06:04:06 1999

Re: Help for a newbie, please...

A classic, fairly easy to memorize is:

'IwlIj jachjaj.

"May your blood scream."

My guess at how to spell something an American would pronounce
near to this is:

ee-you-lidge jatch-jahdge

That first part might be more accurately written as:

ee--oo

and the next part is like "bridge" with an "l" instead of a "br".

"jatch" rhymes with "watch"

and "jahdge" sounds like the name "Roger" with a slightly harsh
"j" replacing the first "r" and you drop the "er" at the end.

I could think of more wedding-appropriate things to say, but
they'd be longer and harder to memorize on short notice.

charghwI' 'utlh

On Fri, 13 Aug 1999 02:38:11 -0400 (EDT) Nathan Dyck
<[email protected]> wrote:

> I need a short phrase or toast to say at a wedding on Saturday.
> I'm just starting my journey into the tlhIngan-Hol and need some help.
>
> If anyone can come up with something appropriate and also to send the
> phonetic pronunciation it would be appreciated.

> Nathan Dyck
>
> E-Mail:   [email protected]
> Web Page: www.npiec.on.ca/~ndyck

Back to archive top level