tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Aug 09 22:28:41 1999

Re: Attending a school (was RE: Daq vIDabbogh vIchoH)

><< The reason we do not include {qet} in the collection of words known
> to have a destination as their object is that running doesn't have
> an obvious destination as a primary concern.
>  >>

ja' peHruS:
>I have seen an attempt at saying "runs to the house."  Face it!

Face what?  I've seen attempts at saying many things, and many of
those attempts succeed.  "He runs to the house" is easily said as
{qachDaq qet}.  If the ambiguity of meaning disturbs you, and you
don't want any possibility of someone thinking it means "he runs
in the house," then you can be more explicit:  {qet.  qach ghoS.}

-- ghunchu'wI' 'utlh

Back to archive top level