tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Aug 03 12:20:17 1999

Re: pa'mey wamtaHqu'!

On Tue, 3 Aug 1999 02:19:07 -0400 [email protected] wrote:

> charghwI' jatlh:
> > While I do understand your message, I have to comment that you
> >  misspell a lot.
>
> jISov.  Interestingly, my rather "consistant" misspelling of <ghot> as <ghut>
> comes from how I pronounce the plural <ghotpu'>.  IOW vowel assimilation
> occurs.  When I type I "hear" myself saying the word in my mind and it comes
> out <ghutpu'>.

Unlike Turkish, Klingon has no vowel harmony. Also, since most
root verbs and most nouns are monosylobic, mostly
consonant-vowel-consonant in form, the vowel becomes crucial.
While in this case the misspelling was obviously a misspelling,
in many case, you'll find yourself spelling the wrong word
correctly.

> quljIb

charghwI' 'utlh

Back to archive top level